We are looking for a Dental Hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices in our Danville VA office. SIGNING AND RELOCATION BONUSES OFFERED!
Duties include conducting initial patient screenings, cleaning teeth, and educating patients on their oral health and preventative care. As a Dental Hygienist, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages, leading to a positive treatment experience. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a good eye for oral diseases and anomalies.
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
- Sterilize dental instruments
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
- Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures
- Take X-rays
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
- Clean treatment rooms after use
- Proven experience as a Dental Hygienist
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA)
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment
- Outstanding communication skills
- A patient and friendly personality
- Attention to detail
- Stamina to meet the physical demands of the job
- Licensed by the Board of Dentistry
- Registered to practice Dental Hygiene in Virginia
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 to $38.00 / hour
COVID-19 considerations: Patients wear masks at their own discretion, they are required to fill out a survey and have their temperature taken before treatment. Proper PPE provided to all employees.